TechDetox Box: Locked Charging Station for Kids
Take Control of Screen Time
Introducing TechDetox Box:
A Simple Solution to Protect Children from Smartphone Addiction
What Is TechDetox Box?
- Central location to charge phones outside the bedroom
- Fast screen time management for busy parents
- No unauthorized use: physically separates children from phones
- An actual metal safe, not easy to break
- Stay ahead of tech-savvy kids with a time-tested concept
- Make time for: sleep, homework, family, play, reading, chores
- Help your children resist the dark psychology of addictive tech
Child-Proof your House from Addictive Tech
Out of Sight, Out of Mind, Out of Reach.
Who Is TechDetox Box For?
- For parents who need to protect their children from sleep deprivation, academic failure and many other risks
- For boys with out-of-control video gaming
- For girls with social media obsession and anxiety
- For children who break screen time rules or hack parental controls to retain unlimited access to the phone
- For children with ADHD, whose symptoms get worse because of screens
- For families who want to reduce conflict and make screen time management easier
TechDetox Box makes a parent-enforced digital detox possible
TechDetox Box complements existing screen time management solutions:
- Parental controls address the problem of what’s available ON the screen
- TechDetox Box keeps the screen OUT of kids’ hands altogether
What Is The Problem?
The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends:
- Limit children’s screen time
- Media-free zones (no tech in the bedrooms)
- Media-free times (no tech at mealtimes)
- Charge phones in a central location
How Does It Work: The Science of Behavior Design
- User engagement depends on the presence of the screen
- A phone in plain view distracts the child from all other human activity
- A notification is a prompt to grab the phone, and be sucked into it
- When we remove the cue (phone) from the environment, we disrupt the interface of addiction designed to hijack our kids
- TechDetox Box serves as a commitment device that makes doing the right thing easy: stealing screen time is no longer an option
- Self-control is a limited resource, especially for children
- No Phone = No Temptation. The cookie jar is locked.
To Break a Habit, Make the Habit Harder to Do
How To Use TechDetox Box
Smart Fingerprint Lock:
• Lock light turns blue
• Press and release the finger 6-10 times, each time for a second
• When the light turns green and beeps twice, the fingerprint is registered
• Green light turns off and blue light turns on again to register the next fingerprint
• Repeat the same steps for each fingerprint
• If no more fingerprints need to be registered, just wait for the blue light to go off
• You can now open the safe only with the fingerprints you registered, or with the emergency USB key. With any other finger the light turns red and the lock would not open.
- Use TechDetox Box as part of your family screen time management plan
- Place TechDetox Box in a central location away from kids’ bedrooms
- Use charging cables you already have
- Silence the phone or enable the Do Not Disturb function
- Talk to your children about building healthy digital habits
- Please do not lock up your partner’s phone without their consent 🙂
- Pair up with a small charging station (optional):
Our 90-Day Money Back Guarantee
Try TechDetox Box in your home risk-free for 90 days. If it does not work for your family, send it back for a refund, no questions asked.